The Committee on Environment and Sustainability (COES) Research Task Force includes a chair and representative from each COES subcommittee. The Task Force is responsible for overseeing the COES research process and the development of the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) research statements.
Specifically, task force members do the following:
- Assist the subcommittee chair with overseeing the voting and prioritizing of research topics
- Work with the subcommittee chair to schedule a conference call to discuss the voting results
- Work with subcommittee members to develop NCHRP research statements
- Work with the AASHTO research liaison to submit NCHRP statements
- Attend the COES Annual Meeting and Transportation Research Board (TRB) Annual Meeting
The Chair of the Research Task Force is responsible for:
- Managing the overall COES research process
- Sending important research updates to COES throughout the year
|Tony Opperman||Virginia DOT||Chair|
|Natalie Liljenwall||Oregon DOT||Research Coordinator for the Subcommittee on Air Quality and Climate Change & Energy|
|Jana Ratcliff||Washington DOT||Research Coordinator for the Subcommittee on Natural Resources|
|Kris Gade||Arizona DOT||Research Coordinator for the Subcommittee on Natural Resources|
|Daniel Burgin||Oregeon DOT||Research Coordinator for the Subcommittee on Environmental Process|
|TERI Database||The Transportation and Environmental Research Ideas (TERI) database is used for proposing, tracking and sharing new transportation and environmental research ideas. SCOE uses TERI to identify and prioritize research topics each year. The TERI database is not only used by SCOE, but also by federal and state transportation agencies, TRB, universities, and other research centers. The TERI database is managed by the Center for Environmental Excellence, a cooperative agreement between AASHTO and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).
To view current proposals for this Center for Environmental Excellence Research Cycle, please visit the TERI Database.
|Transportation Research Board 25-25 Program Information||NCHRP Project 25-25 supports improvements in analytical methods, decision support tools, procedures, and techniques employed by practitioners to support statewide and metropolitan transportation planning, programming, and development.
For Transportation Research Board 25-25 Program Information and current proposals, click here.
Director Center for Environmental Excellence
Associate Program Manager, Environment & Active Transportation
Program Specialist for Environment